What is Staff Augmentation? A Model to Extend Your Team
Overview to Staff Augmentation
Staff Augmentation is a sophisticated yet straightforward outsourcing strategy that will ensure you hire talent on a global level and help you with managing your augmented team. You would be the one to choose the candidate that is perfect for your requirements, helping you with crafting your expanded team as per your needs.
Staff Augmentation is mainly beneficial for adding up some skilled resources in your team for a short-term or a long-term basis. Resources can then be directly deployed into the vendor location, eliminating the overall cost and liability for full-time hires.
Team Augmentation is Right for you if?
Some of the factors concerning team augmentation would be suitable for you if,
- You have engineers employed to work in your office, but you want your team to expand and work on a different project as well. You need to hire additional employees and do not take any assistance from local recruitment consultancies.
- You are creating a product with your software team and want to add some talent to your organization. While you are hiring, you do not limit your options on the only location, but you are diversifying to multiple locations.
- You are coordinating with a local outsourcing organization for product development, but it does not work for you. You would need to keep in touch with your team regularly, and you would need to know the core competencies. Both prove to be mainly crucial when you want to integrate your local team with the teams that are working remotely.
Staff Augmentation versus Independent Contractor and other models
Staff Augmentation Model
With this model, you can choose the candidates and accordingly manage as per your preferred methods. The vendors would be taking care of all the administrative worries while focusing on all of the responsibilities and coordinating with your teams.
When it comes to an independent Contractor, the sole user would be taking all the responsibility concerning all the process flows in the augmented team. The staff augmentation model is, therefore, comparatively much superior to the independent contractor model.
Outsourcing companies would be taking care of all the issues and operations concerning project development. Some of these operations would involve creating a presently available team to manage their processes from their end. It is unnecessary to have an in-house team or any other expertise, nor is there a need for a remote team. When it comes to outsourcing, clients are rarely aware of who is working on it, which stage of the project they have reached currently, and what decisions have been made.
What are the Benefits of Staff Augmentation?
Let us now look at some of the essential benefits of staff augmentation, helping you understand the staff augmentation process flow,
Staff Augmentation ensures that your organization reaches higher productivity levels because the developers would focus on one project, thereby giving their 100% on it. As compared to a project outsourcing team wherein they need to divide their attention on multiple such projects, staff augmentation is very advantageous in this respect. Resources would work on one client, achieve higher motivation, and work harder and give their all.
IP Rights Security
During the initial stages of your collaboration with the developers in your team, all IP rights would only belong to you.
There would be two aspects wherein you can achieve the goal of flexibility,
- You would be able to gain access to a wide range of professionals who are competent in their domain. You would be able to connect with multiple UI/UX Designers, front-end developers, project management specialists, and even product owners as well.
- It is effortless to replace a developer because there is a larger talent pool. If you can collaborate with a staff augmentation partner, then it is possible that you do not have to spend a lot of resources and get your work done.
How to succeed with Team Augmentation?
Some of the steps in this respect include,
- You must choose a vendor that will provide you with the resources for remote developers having their separate team rooms with all the available facilities.
- The remote team mustn’t feel out of touch with your in-house team. Having seamless communication is very vital if team augmentation is to happen.
- You can query your vendor whether they have professionals who will assist with the collaboration procedures.
ExpandForce is a professional recruitment outsourcing firm that provides companies with an offshore advantage using a complete range of services that would enable them to transform and implement staff augmentation in a positive way. You can speak with the experts in our company and understand how best our services can craft and change your business process for your benefit.
Call us now at (954) 271-5970 to know more!